Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas, Birthday Cake, Shrimp

Hello all! I can't believe it had been another week already!
I have so much to tell you AGAIN & am going to try to do so as quickly as possible.
-Christmas:
we are having Christmas in July as a district! We are singing Christmas songs for our opening and closing hymns, why not make the MTC as eventful as possible, right? :)
-Birthday Cake:
I am told i always smell like birthday cake & christmas, random, but those are both good right?
-Shrimp:
dun dun dun... so remember that one time there was a pasta salad at linger longer with baby shrimp in it...and i accidently ate it? ...well history really does repeat itself. I just got out of the dr's all day.... they shot me with my trusty epipen then gave me a shof benadryll so i hope i can write this alright!
-Homerun:
President Brown (the MTC president of 2700 missionaries) came and sat across from me at lunch yesterday & asked, "Sister Givens, what is the Atonement?"
 I rambled out my answer, then he says, "GOOD ANSWER!
Now (looks around to the rest of the district), "where do you find this in the scriptures?"
Everyone just looks at each other & starts out...uhhh 2nd Nephi? ...3rd Nephi? ...John?...
President Brown: "Where, EXACTLY?!?"
Then I say, "Well, I know..."
"Okay, SIster Givens thinks she knows again, WHere sister givens?"
 "Alma 36."
He then BAM! Hits the table as hard as he could, (meanwhile every one around us is watching & I am sweating bullets) he shouts,
"HOMERUN!!! Yes! Sister Givens knows where the Atonement is!"
This converstation carries on a bit more, then I fought him for his lunch tray so he wouldn't have to take it & he left haha
-Called to Serve:
This last Sunday the Gym reopened & we could have firesides & devotionals all together again!!
I loved it, we sang Called to Serve as an ARMY and it was so powerful how they structure the song here,, i feel the spirit just writing about it!
Elder & Sister Hammond came & spoke to us last night about the POWER the Book Of Mormon holds, and about how to BE CHEERFUL MISSIONARIES!!
They were absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!
I want to be like them someday.
They love eachother SO much and just bounce that love right on down to us missionaries, it is so powerful!
-MTC theives:
Someone stole my nametag! Same with Elder Watts, but I got mine back thank goodness!
He is still on the look out.
-Injuries of Zone 21:
Sister Stamm: Broke her foot in Kickboxing, now has to go home for 2 months to heal before she can leave for the field
Elder Pond: Broke his hand by LITERALLY punching a BOOK OF MORMON...we really do know how much power it contains huh? ANyway, he was supposed to fly out yesterday but gets to stay for another 5 weeks until his hand heals
Elder M....: has a piece of metal in his foot & needs surgery before he can leave to new zeland in 2 months
Sister Bollinger: (my comp) fell down the stairs...just a few scrapes
District 21-b: all has colds! I have a sinus infection & have to be on antibiotics for the next 2 weeks
BUT! we are all happy & blessed with strength to complete the Lord's work...come what may & love it!! We've got that Christmas spirit AND the Spirit flowing through our bones now, so we can do ANYTHING! Wooo!
:)
Love you all, can't wait to hear from you
I truly love where I am, and am very humbled I get to be part of SUCH a great thing
Next reading assignment: Alma 36...David pay close attention to verse 3 & change Helaman's to yours.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Sister C


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment