Friday, October 7, 2011

General Conference

Thanks Mom!

:)

This Conference was absolutely INCREDIBLE!

My companion and I went to the Priesthood Session...hahah but I LOVED President...I mean Elder Waddell's talk! So neat to see him up there, but I truly know "The Lord knows where he wants us to serve" as he said in his talk. I know I am supposed to be here in the Salt Lake City South Mission at this time. I was not able to go downtown this time, I stayed with a member while Sister Pousima and the other missionaries went down, but the messages are still the same.

I thought about dad durning the talk in the Sunday afternoon session when he was talking about those missionaries who had served in Japan.

Then thought about Uncle Todd when Elder Richardson? (I forgot my notebook in the car) said it was the best 2 years FOR you.

I have Uncle Todd's voice pop into my head from time to time, and can hear him saying those words as if he were here!

We went to a fireside with the Sims/Cohill family last night, a family who is getting married on Saturday then baptized the next week. The fireside is called Genesis. You should look it up online! It's actually an amazing thing. President Hinckley established it before he died...it is especially for the African American members of the church, all are invited and many who come have adopted children. They had a guest speaker...President McClain who is a Temple sealer in the Oakland, CA Temple speak then they open it up for testimonies and singing, to the point where you have to do a double take and make sure you are in the right church haha but it is so neat! As SOON as we walked in, they announced our presence and had us come sit on the stand and asked us to bear our testimonies...which when you are over 17 Stakes...it's pretty normal by now.

Anyway, I shared just what I said above, that I KNOW the Lord knows where he wants us to serve.I am grateful for the opportunituies alotted in this mission, especially with Temple Square so close. We sent a family up there for Conference this week and they are SO eager to get baptized it is incredible!

Sandra (Mario's mom) is on date for the 30th! Mario turns 16 on the 25th then ordained a Priest on the 30th & baptizing his mom that night!!! :)

I LOVE HER.

Anyway, I better get going. Today is going to be a long day.

I will try and attach a few pictures really quick.

know I love you and think/pray for you all the time.

Stay close to the words spoken at Conference, especially with President Monson's closing remarks.

David, please go replay Elder Holland's talk.

Soak up every word.

I love you.

Cherish what God knows we need to hear at this time.

He knows us PERFECTLY but we must ACT for ourselves.

love love love love love YOU!


Sister Givens


OH! ps last night I saw Mackenzie!!! (My friend from BYUI, we both lived in Pleasanton together,...anyway she is going to school down here and came to the fireside for a class!) gotta love utah haha

No comments:

Post a Comment