Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Transfers!

 March 6, 2013

Mom and Family,
Heyyyy pretty ladyy!
Well hi there! It's Monday, woo!
Elder Flinders & Holmes picked us up this morning & had us come email with them down in Gig Harbor so we could make sure we got our emails out this week.
:)
I don't know if you have heard or not... Bowen said he talked to you, but didn't say if he told you that I am getting transferred!
Totally bittersweet, I was LOVING Belfair & we have had so many miracles with almost baptisms....it's sad to leave & hope what you did is enough. Sister gurr & I are BOTH being transferred out, and two sisters - Mutietta & Elton are coming in. They both have been out a while. Sis Murietta was in Ridgecrest with Soloai, and they are together in Summit right now...which is where Bowen is going! So many changes this transfer, but it's always nice to get a fresh start and a fesh area.
I will be going to the Olympia 3rd Ward with Sister Logan (she came out last transfer) so I'll be follow-up training, but the funny thing is that we live with another companionship of sisters! They are over the Olympia 4th ward & they will be Sister Hayes (she was Sis. Logan's MTC companion) and she will be follow up trained by.... Sister Gurr! HA! So we will be roommates, but not companions. So funny still!
We are really sad that they are taking BOTH of us out of Belfair though!
The other day we went to Randy & Maria Cross' wedding...Randy is a LAish member in our ward (I think I may have told you this?) Anyway, she is from the Phillipines & has already read the Book of Mormon, knows it's true & asked US at HER wedding when she can get baptized. We took her on a Church tour DURING her reception...she said she didn't care about this wedding because the one that matters will be when she is sealed to her husband forever at the Temple. SO solid...such a great example of complete faith. She and her granddaughter came to church yesterday and LOVED it. She will be baptized by the end of the month.
Bob came to church yesterday too!! HE LOVED it! We sat down with his dad the other day & invited him to take part in the lessons. He believes EVERYTHING about the gospel but does NOT agree with organzied religion...such a strange concept for me to grasp, but hopefully the new sisters will be able to address it in a much better way than I ever could. Bob was so excited - he text us Saturday night & told us his dad was going to bring him to church.. he even text us *highfive* ha! I thought it was great! Then sadly we got there to find only him sitting there, but that's okay. He will be SUCH a great example for his family! He also came to a baptism last night. Brother Nielson (his YM leader) picked him up & drove him out to the stake center (which is a good half hour drive at least). We got there early & so we took them (a few youth kids came along too to support him) anyway we took them on a church tour & had a lesson about the sacrament & the importance of the covenant we make at baptism & how we renew it every single week with the Sacrament. It was so powerful, I asked Brother Nielson to share his testimony with us before we walked down to the service. It was perfect. He is such a great leader & such a strong support for Bob. I love this ward. During the service Bob said he felt the Spirit so stong & told us that when we knocked on his door & left him our card he went to his room & tore it up. He was about to trash it then all of a sudden this completely peaceful/calming/joyfull feeling overcame him & he knew he had to text us. That is where it all began. He testified to us, the youth, Brother Nielson, AND SISTER WEAVER (who just so happened to come last night) that he KNEW that was the Holy Ghost & how he has been able to feel his influence so much just from meeting with us.Such a powerful testimony. I will send a picture....it has been such a strength for the youth to be able to look past people's outward apperances & to see each other as who they can BECOME. Bob has been a prime candidate of that. When we walked up to his house there were mountains of cigarette boxes & butts ALL over the yard/porch/walkway...I'm talking EVERYWHERE. Beer cans. Coffee cups...the travel ones. Just everywhere. Yet guess who was inside that house? Bob. The Bob Heavenly Father KNEW was ready to apply the Gospel in his life. He continues to come to seminary every single day. He sat down at the baptism with a program & jotted down who he wanted to play the piano (melia wing, she is 15.) give talks (amanda clifford, she is 16) and Josh Wardell, he is 17. And he wants Josh to Baptize him....so neat. it was just such aa testimony builder to me to see how these youth have seen Bob for his potential, and want to help him achieve it. With ALL they can do.
Mike is out of town in Idaho, but is attending Church. He was looking for a place to get some new cabinets & I remembered dad did that in one of the rentals a while ago, so I gave him dad's number & email...has he contacted you at all? His name is Mike Gain.
Anyway, I loved that quote from President Snow mom, thank you. It's crazy to think I could be leaving yet another mission I have grown to LOVE sooo much. However, if the Lord needs me somewhere else, done. Game over. I promised 'I'll go where you want me to go' ...gotta follow through with it.
the missionaries are having a REALLY hard time with the mission splitting in July. President & Sister Weaver talked about it with all the missionaries last night over conference call. They are so loving 7 understanding, but the work MUST go on. Yes, we were all called out to the WA-TAC (well, most of us) :) but the Lord KNEW when we were coming. The Lord KNEW the mission would split. He KNEW which stakes would be part of that this WHILE time. Just as he KNEW I would go to Salt Lake. He KNEW I would have to come home, take an intermission-mission ;). He KNEW I would eventually serve in the WA-TAC full time. It's HIS work & all in his hands. We just have to be willing & worthy to do what he asks.
Go & DO, not go & try, right?
Tell Jacob I have a big fat letter I have been needing to send him! It is in my apartment & I need to go to the post office for it, we will try to get it out today. Tell him hello for me! :) I miss him.
It's been a rough adjustment. So much having to prove to other missionaries that I AM a real missionary & that I am supposed to be here...even though my call letter didn't specify as much...and my mommy lives down the street. they just don't get it, they haven't seen the whole picture - the tears, fears & fight that it took to get here. There have been so many moments where I just look at them & think 'aren't we on the same side here?' But that is exactly what other investigators feel at times I am sure....or what we all feel until we come to an understanding of one another. It will come, one day.
Makes me miss the graham missionaries, but the others are starting to come around (perfect timing for transfers, huh?) :) Oh well, keeps me more focused on the investigators...and I have the full 100% support of President & Sister Weaver which is greater than anything!! (Mainly because they have asked the Lord & know for themselves that I am supposed to be here.) That fact brings more comfort than I can put into words. (and the fact that I keep getting letters from the best family EVER telling me how much they support me out here!!!!) THANK YOU!
Well, I should get going. But I am proud of you mom!! You go girl! I need to be better with my running, with seminary we get up at 5:30 & go in our skirts so we don't have time to work out, shower & change after. We just do more walking during the day. I do like that gym though and LOVE the Zumba instructors there!!! Tell Kristyn I say hi :) She's the crazy-curly blonde one. She is lwesome.
Keep me in your prayers this week, if I hear anything from Salt lake I'll let you know asap somehow! ...I'll have President or a member or the missionaries there call you :)
Love you!!
OH! And I am out of shampoo & conditioner...I made sure I had enough for one more day & banking on you sending more with the missionaries to transfer meeting?? :)
Bowen said you have some stuff for me. Woo thanks mom! And no word on the mission $ either...the guy only comes to the office like once a week, but the other account was a huge help so thank you!!
They may be waiting until we know for sure when & where I am going.
Who knows at this point.
But thank you for understanding & helping out, it was huge.
OH! new address:
2350 Cain Road #20
Olympia, WA 98501
loveloveloveloveloveee youuu!!!
Be good.
Pray till your knees hurt.
Love, Sister Givens

No comments:

Post a Comment