Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Temple Square and Halloween

Hi Family!!

HOW ARE YOU?!?!

I am doing great!

This week was INCREDIBLE!!

Let me start off with a quote,

"The capacity to be grateful is a blessing, for the possession of which we should be further grateful. ...The man with much finds it easier to forget his dependence than he who must ask with each succeeding day of need" -Jesus the Christ, pg 240

I LOVE THIS BOOK! It completely set the tone for not only the upcoming week, but for this transfer, and for the season which is well on its way.

This week I was able to go up to Temple Square with President & Sister Miller, the APs and about 15 other missionaries. We were on the train at 6:30, did a session in the Salt Lake Temple at 8 then went to the Church History Museum, the statue of Christ, and another visitor's center. I loved it.

It was so peaceful and made me appreciate all I am serving and those I have been able to serve with and those I will be serving with.

The Temple is such a wonderful place of reflection and I am so grarteful to be able to have 4 available to us here.

What a blessing!

Well, I always run out of time to answer your questions so:

-yes today is halloween & we have a mission wide "conference & activity" last Christmas they had Elder Holland then the next was Elder Bednar, so someone is coming to speak to us, then we go and can watch disney movies or play volley ball or basket ball or just hang out with the other missionaries so that we are all accounted for...aka lockdown, but don't tell pres. because he sent out an email last week saying it is not to be called that haha

-my uclers (I had at least a dozen or so) still exist & they will be doing the procedure again in December, but are manageable...my foot hurts at times, but is manageable...just know the Lord still wants me out here because I am well able to endure and keep going! :)

President & Sister Miller still call & check up on me often, but really I am doing just fine :)

-We do not ride bikes because Sister Stinnett does not feel comfortable doing so

-It is REALLLLLY cold, maybe today we will have time to go get a coat, last week there was no way there was time but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

-I really do miss Sister Pousima, we got to be really close but thats why I love this mission so much! I saw her at the train station Thursday then last night at Sandra's BAPTISM!!! and tonight at lockdown!! She is doing great though! (Write her a letter, she doesn't get much mail)

There is just a bonding that happens when all you have is eachother, especially with health problems going on like I had over those 12 weeks with her. I appreciate her more than ever and am SO grateful for her and OF COURSE the Elders who were in my district at that time, but I am also so excited for this transfer and to see what the Lord has in store for me out here in West Jordan! There is specific reasons for me to be here at this time. I am learning to rely on God's timing, God's will and know that He is always near. I trust him no matter what the outcome.

As I said, Sandra was baptized last night by her son Mario. He turned 16 on Tuesday and was ordained a priest at church yesterday morning. It was the greatest experience to be there and to have helped her know her Father in Heaven.

We sang with ELDER CROWTHER and ELDER ALEMAN!!!! a song the 4 of us put together last transfer...it was I like to look for Rainbows & I'm trying to be like Jesus while Elder Aleman played the guitar!

It was such a special evening and I am so glad I had the opportunity to attend, well I wish I had more time to write.

One of the Elders sends home a list every week of investigators & less actives for his family to pray for, so since dad asked, here they are:

Ian

Clint

Sherrie

Dave

Ciahlee

So thanks :)

I will print pictures off today and mail them home, we can not upload pictures on these computers

but looks like things are going great!

don't let david drive my car ;)

love you all...go squeeze those kiddos for me

& give April my love and support too!!

Have a great week and remember to be grateful for gratitude.

LOVE YOU

xoxoxo

Sister Givens

No comments:

Post a Comment