Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello famsters!

I am feeling SO much better, this week had its ups and downs but i am BACK HOME IN SANDY and feeling GREAT!!!

I got back last night at about 9:30...had a dr appointment this morning and now just getting things done for pday and going to a recent converts house, Heather to play games and have lunch!:)

Oh! by the way, there is a sister from San Diego, Sister Baylon who is in the Tacoma mission...look for her! I remember her from high school...she lived up in the La Costa area. She left the MTC when I entered...Kelsy Welch told me but I forgot to let you know to keep your eyes peeled until now :)

David, I am glad to hear you are loving ASL! I have a few books on it, look on my bookshelf or in the rafters & you can use whatever you find...ps nice try, mom ratted you out. haha you will be driving soon enough, enjoy this time NOW!

This week I learned a lot about sanctifying & consecrating yourself to God. I read an article from Elder Corbridge (who lives in our stake) it's called the 4th Missionary...it's INCREDIBLE. Elder Crowther sent it with me to South Jordan this week and asked me to read it, it changed my WHOLE perception of a mission.

It talked about continual change and sanctifying your life, trading the bad for good, making the okay ideal. Jesus Christ's whole purpose in coming here was so that we can CHANGE and come home someday.

Sanctification: Repenting. Cleansing. Purifying. Recognizing. Suffering. Growing. Rejecting. Accepting. Sinking. Avoiding. thanking. Appreciating. Laughing. Crying. Choosing. Sacrificing. Struggling. Opening. Exhalting. Understanding. Abandoning. Embracing. Surrendering. Loving. Submitting. Giving. Sorrowing. Agonizing. Striving. Speaking. BECOMING SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU'VE BEEN!

This comes slowly and not without patience, one more quote then I am off (President changed the rules and we only get 1 hour to write on pdays)

"If we wait patiently on the Lord, He will incline unto us. He will hear our cries. He will bring us out of our horrible pit an set our feet upon his solid rock. He will put a new song in our mouths and we will praise our God, and many around is will see it! And they will hear it! And they will trust in the Lord!"

I love you all!

SMILE BIG & LAUGH LOUD!!

Love, Sister Givens

No comments:

Post a Comment