Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tender Mercies

Hello to all!

I thought of all the scouts this morning when we saw all the US flags on people's lawns...pretty familiar! I figured the fam would be getting together today, how fun!

We are getting the Zone together today (since Wednesday are transfers) and playing Catch Phrase, Volleyball and Dodgeball. Woo!

So, I don't know if you have recieved a call from Sister Miller, but in case you have I didn't want you to worry... Long story short, I have an ulcer...some things never change right? Anyway, this week was driving me NUTS! I gradually was getting worse and worse throughout the week, then finally had to go in to the dr on friday and stay home and rest throughout the weekend. President sent me into the ER yesterday, so with the combination of Priesthood Blessings, and medical care I am feeling MUCH better. I still have it and need to go through the drill of a couple more tests this week, but things are looking up!

We were doing Companionship study yesterday at the Hospital and while we were there we sang Come, Come Ye Saints. The lyrics to that song brought me so much comfort. I thought about the Pioneers and their journey west, how much sickness and pain they had to endure. I then looked up the scriptures that correlate with the song.

The one that stuck out to me most was D&C 61:36:

"And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children; for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you" It goes on through 39, but 36 hit me really hard. I remember Lyndsey Larsen telling me that as a missionary you feel totally invincible, and I did. I thought nothing could stop me, nothing could get in my way. Yet, it had. Right then I knew it was going to be alright. THAT was enough.

In my personal study today I thought of a quote I saw on a ward program. It says:

"To follow the Savior's example, each one of us must look around and reach out to the sheep who are facing the same circumstance and lift them upo and encourage them to proceed on the journey towards eternal life."

From this, I studies the Worth of Souls in the Topical Guide.

I challenge you to do the same, then to find what the Worth of Souls means to you, then to act upon it and to find those sheep, no matter who they are.

The work is slowly picking up, we are working with other companionships in our zone...since we are sisters they listen to us more hahaha just kidding, but the Lord truly does bless us with SO many tender mercies each day. I am so grateful for Him.

I love you all, have a great week.

Sister Givens


No comments:

Post a Comment