Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I LOVE THE MORNINGS!!

Just thought I would let you know :) David & Drew, it is a BLESSING to be able to get up and go to seminary each morning. Soak it up! Here in Utah, most schools have seminary in school, which is sad. They miss out on the opportunity to exercise their faith and show their diligence towards getting up early and showing dedication. Remember that, AND remember... I am already up! I may be a couple states away, BUT I am up by 5am your time. SO! think of me! I am studying by 7am your time so we can study together! :)

As for my health, I am doing well! We are back in business and teaching as much as we can...I can't eat much so I am losing weight and the coordinating sister was freaking out the other night but I am OKAY!!

We had a sisters training from the APs and President on Friday, it was GREAT! They expressed how important Preach My Gospel is, I challenge you (Mom, Dad & David) to read from it each week. Use it in your FHE!!

It WILL make a difference, I promise you this. OH! And next time you go to the Temple, stop at the Distribution Center and pick up the Preach My Gospel DVD (The District 2) David, watch it!! You can see what missionary life is and what YOU will be doing one day :) AND it is in San Diego!! We have to have the DVD running at all times that we are home and awake, it is a GREAT tool, and will strengthen your testimonies, this I KNOW.

Last week President Miller came to visit us at our apartment and taught us how to plan better, he broke down how to plan for each and every single investigator on what WE need to DO for them each day of the week.

The next night he held a fireside for one of our stakes with the entire Mission Presidency. It was a POWERFUL meeting...except for the part when he called Sister Pousima and I to role play in front of all 300 of them...

She taught about dispensations and he had me tell the story of the Restoration.

OH! TRENT!! (The little boy who is 11 and is on date) He was in the primary program yesterday!! It was so great to see him up there!

We also went to contact a girl on the other side of the Zone (it was a sister refferral so we went to try & find her, she wasn't home so we ended up OYMing (Open Your Mouth) her neighbors...I felt prompted that we had to sing so I turned to Sister Pousima...gave her "the look" and we sang I am a Child of God. We gave them a Book of Mormon, a pamphlet, and a card with our number...they said we could stop by again but wouldn't set a date.

We are going to be busy this week, but it is all worth it!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CONFERENCE!!!

The Relief Society Broadcast was INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVED it, mom, AL, nana...i hope you ALL watched it. I kept thinking of each of you while sitting there.

Know I love you and am thinking about you often.

Today was my choice for pday so our district is going to.....brrrrr (drumroll) Chuck E Cheese! hahaha

but seriously, we are.

Squeeze those kiddos for me!

Oh and dad, the house looks great!!

and Mark is a BEAST...go baptize him ;)

tell short fry I say hello.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this last week, but read Alma 35-37.

Especially David and Drew.

Remember I love you and that your Heavenly Father CHERISHES and TREASURES you.

Tell AL I am working on another letter for her/tape...i have NOT forgotten.

PS I am DYING for some back to school pictures and trio pictures.

We had dinner with a family who has twin girls who are exactly one year older than the trips...tender mercy.

Love you!!

Sister G


No comments:

Post a Comment